Monday, August 11, 2014

Saor - Aura (2014)

Country: Scotland
Genre: Atmospheric/Folk Black Metal

It's been awhile since something so overtly symphonic has struck a chord with me, but Saor's second album Aura does just that. Steeped in Celtic inspired atmosphere, the melodies here are bombastic, triumphant and definitely summon the images of war and battle in your mind's eye. The vocals are more of hoarse, throaty shout than usual black metal fare, but they work wonderfully, and help further separate Saor from other folk inspired metal bands. Also, Austin Lunn of Panopticon performs on drums, so I don't even need to tell you that they fucking rule. Like I said, I don't usually go for this type of black metal anymore, but this is freaking awesome, and should not be passed up. Fucking recommended.

Get me some Haggus

No comments:

Post a Comment