Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dissection - Reinkaos (2006)



Genre: Melodic Death Metal
Country: Sweden

I need to start by saying that I can't believe it's been ten years since this album was released. I still vividly remember all the hype leading up to it like it was yesterday. Those were my formative metal days, and it's because of all the attention this album was getting that I ever even decided to check out Dissection. Now, The Somberlain and Storm the Light's Bane are definitely better than this, but I've been jamming this a lot again recently, and it's still undeniably an excellent record. A straight-up melodeath album with plenty of Maiden-esque harmonies and Gothenburg styled riffs, this is a simpler, more streamlined approach from a band that used to create quite complex music. Jon still sounds great and overall, this album is definitely worth your time. Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

No comments:

Post a Comment